The Breezeway

We will miss you Beau!

Back to Article
Back to Article

We will miss you Beau!

Strength and Conditioning Coach Beau Beathard is leaving BK at the end of the school year.  “You don’t get much better than Beau,” Alex Hatfield (11) said.

Strength and Conditioning Coach Beau Beathard is leaving BK at the end of the school year. “You don’t get much better than Beau,” Alex Hatfield (11) said.

Collin Morrison, Journalist

No Beau no! Say it isn’t so! Coach Beau Beathard is the heart and soul of the athletics at Bishop Kelley. Beathard is a beloved part of the school community. He is the first full time strength and conditioning coach for the Comets.

Beathard recently announced in April that he would be leaving the school. Many athletes and faculty were saddened to hear this news. He is widely loved by many and will be missed.

Beathard is the type of person who pushes people to become better versions of themselves. He is the type of person who others aspire to be in life. He is a hard worker, a family man, and most importantly a God fearing man.

A member of the football team, Alex Hatfield (11) expresses his love for his Coach.

“You don’t get much better than Beau,” Hatfield said.

Beathard is leaving because of his wife finishing college. They are moving to Lawton, Okla, and he is still trying to find a house and job. Lawton will be gaining a very special person.

Beathard had just recently had a son and he took little to no time off. He still coached in the weight room trying to help the athletes he committed to. Beathard is the model of a Bishop Kelley man.

Beathard sacrifices for the well being of the students. Beathard comes to the weightroom on his days off so people can lift.

A member of the the girls basketball team, Lizzie Smith (10) tells about the character of Coach Beathard.

“He really cares about us,” Smith said.

Beathard leaving is not the end for him, but a new beginning. He is moving on with his life and he will continue to affect people’s lives wherever he goes.

Beathard will always have a home at Bishop Kelley. We will all remember him as a great man and Coach. Beathard has many different catch phrases that tell us about him. At the end of every workout, Beathard said his famous quote, which was “Chicks dig scars and glory lasts forever!”